PW Names Finalists for 2014 Bookstore of the Year
Publishers Weekly has named five finalists for its 22nd annual PW Bookstore of the Year Award. The finalists were chosen by past award winners from 18 nominated stores.
This year’s finalists are:
- The Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle, Washington)
- Green Apple Books (San Francisco, California)
- McLean & Eakin Booksellers (Petoskey, Michigan)
- Prairie Lights Books (Iowa City, Iowa)
- Women & Children First (Chicago, Illinois)
The finalists were chosen from among storefront retail bookstores in the U.S. that excel in buying, vendor relations, marketing, handselling, customer care, community involvement, management-employee relations, merchandising, and business operations. Nominations were sought from members of the book community.
The winning bookstore will be profiled along with the PW Sales Rep of the Year in the pre-BookExpo America issue of Publishers Weekly; both awards will be presented at a ceremony at BEA.