Indie Bestseller List
The Indie Bestseller List puts the diversity of independent bookstores on display. The list is produced just two days after the end of the sales-week, and is the most current snapshot of what’s selling in indie bookstores nationwide. Hardcover, paperback, mass market and children's titles each are compiled into separate category lists. Available in Word, HTML, and PDF formats, and organized by format and genre.
View the Indie Bestseller List
Indie Bestseller Lists are available for reprinting. Please contact Pete Reynolds for permission and information.
Reporting to the Indie Bestseller List
- To showcase the strength of the indie channel in the publishing industry
- To receive customized demographics reports about what’s selling in your area (when reporting via BookScan)
- To receive a more robust monthly white box mailing of publisher-sponsored ARCs and galleys
- To create indie bookstore buzz in-store, in print and online
It's as easy as one, two...
Choose one of the three ways to report.
BookScan - via your POS
BookScan is compatible with the following point of sale systems: Booklog, Anthology, WordStock, IBID and IBIDie, SQ1 and iMerchant, Basil, Books in Store, and Computac. For more information and to sign-up to report to BookScan, please contact Magesh Radhakrishnan, Team Leader, Nielsen Entertainment Merchant Services at email@example.com
ABA manual entry - enter your top sellers by hand - view instructions
ABA file upload - upload a simple file from your POS system - view instructions
- BookScan - via your POS
Pick a convenient time to report.
The report should include sales occurring during the week beginning 12:01 am Sunday through midnight Saturday.
If reporting via ABA manual entry or ABA file upload, pleas transmit the weekly report no later than 3 am ET each Tuesday, via the ABA reporting site. The reporting site opens each week at 3 pm ET Saturday.
- If reporting via BookScan, please transmit the weekly report from your POS to BookScan no later than 1 pm ET each Monday.
- The report should include sales occurring during the week beginning 12:01 am Sunday through midnight Saturday.