Warning messageSubmissions for this form are closed.
World Book Night Bookstore Sign-Up
WORLD BOOK NIGHT U.S. 2014 HOST BOOKSTORE AGREEMENT—Independents
Thank you for your interest in becoming a World Book Night Host Bookstore! Once again, the 2014 World Book Night will be truly nationwide, “from Kodiak to Key West,” with plans for national and public radio publicity already in place. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO MAKE WBN A SUCCESS IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
The 2013/2014 Timeline
- Host Bookstore sign-up period: September 17 —December 31, 2013, via this online form
- WBN titles announcement: October 23, via trade and national media
- Host store Giver recruitment period: October 23—December 31, 2013, via e.g., social media, your newsletters, local media, book clubs, and community groups
- Giver sign-up period: October 23—December 31, 2013, via U.S. World Book Night website (www.us.worldbooknight.org)*
- Host Bookstores receive Giver contact information and marketing materials: no later than week of March 23, 2014
- WBN titles arrive at Host Bookstores: Week of April 7, 2014
- Host Bookstore notifies its Givers about pick-up and reception: Week of April 7, 2014
- Host Bookstore receptions for Givers: Week of April 14, 2014
- World Book Night 2014: Wednesday, April 23!!
Following WBN, host stores may distribute any excess books to local schools and non-profits of your choice.
By registering below you acknowledge the following five (5) obligations of a Host Bookstore to:
- Promote WBN on social media in Fall, 2013 and in April, 2014, and contact local media in early April, 2014;
- Access WBN online resources—including press releases, logos, signage, materials to print for the givers, and more—at the WBN website;
- Insure that the WBN coordinator reads and responds as required to all WBN updates;
- Receive your Givers’ boxes in early April and contact the Givers promptly; and
- Hold a pre-WBN reception if Host Bookstore has 5 or more Givers.
* Booksellers may sign up to become a Giver either via the website or directly with WBN. Email email@example.com for an easy-to-fill-out excel Giver form
World Book Night U.S. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization supported by authors, publishers, American Booksellers Association, American Library Association, Ingram Books, Barnes & Noble, and UPS; full list of sponsors at our website.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of hitting Submit, your host store registration didn’t go through. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.