Introducing Management Book Club! This monthly meetup — part business book club and part consult group — is intended for bookstore managers and owners to discuss selected management books, share best practices in staff management, solicit advice on staff development, and grow their skills as leaders in our stores. Each month, ABA Director of Education Kim Hooyboer will lead discussions on that month’s selection. Booksellers are encouraged to attend the session for their region to allow for geographic cohorts, but are welcome to join whichever fits their schedule.
The September selection is: Level Up: Rise Above the Hidden Forces Holding Your Business Back by Stacey Abrams and Lara Hodgson (9780593539828).
Register for one of the following meetings based on your geographical location or schedule:
- September 1 at 6:00 pm ET / 3:00 pm PT: Management Book Club West (first Thursdays at 3pm PT)
- September 21 at 3:00 pm ET / 12:00 pm PT: Management Book Club East (third Wednesdays at 3pm ET)
- September - Level Up: Rise Above the Hidden Forces Holding Your Business Back by Stacey Abrams and Lara Hodgson (9780593539828)
- October - Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott (9781250235374)
- November - Did That Just Happen?!: Beyond "Diversity"--Creating Sustainable and Inclusive Organizations by Stephanie Pinder-Amaker and Lauren Wadsworth (9780807055649)