Our ShopTalk sessions are an open conversation for booksellers and bookstore owners to come together for connection, support, community, share best practices & resources, talk about their business, & crowdsource ideas & solutions to problems.
The last 15 minutes of the session will be reserved for a larger group discussion, with the rest of the time set aside for smaller breakout groups. All attendees should come prepared to engage in conversation and Booksellers who fit in more than one group will have the ability to move between breakout rooms.
- General: All bookstore members
- Small(ish) Stores: Members at stores operating with three or fewer employees
- Nontraditional Stores: Members whose retail types are pop-ups, online-only, hybrids, mobile, and more
- Mixed & Used Inventory Bookstores: Members who stock mixed or used inventory
- Tourist Town Bookstores: Members in tourist areas
- Bookstores with Cafes/Restaurants/Bars: Members whose bookstores include a cafe, restaurant, or bar
- Nonprofits: Members at stores operating under a nonprofit business model
- Cooperative: Members at stores operating under a cooperative business model
- College/University Bookstores: Members whose bookstores are part of a college or university