IndieCommerce Credit Card Processor Migration Deadline October 22
If your IndieCommerce site is still on the shared ABA credit card merchant account,
the deadline to move to your own credit card processor is October 22nd.
Stores that have not switched over to their own credit card merchant account by October 22, 2020 will once again be charged the 4.5% service fee that was suspended on July 31st. This fee will be charged to cover ABA’s additional costs for as long as your site continues to use the ABA shared account. In addition to the 4.5% service fee, your store will also be charged the new 1% commission.
You can find answers to some of your questions here and instructions for setting up your own account here. You can also email email@example.com with any questions or if you need recommendations for a credit card processor. We are happy to guide you through this process.
An Awesome NEW Feature For IndieCommerce & IndieLite
IndieCommerce stores that use local store inventory (LSI) so that their in-store inventory is visible to customers on their website, will now be able to see their inventory AND Ingram’s inventory when processing online orders. IndieLite stores will also have access to this feature, allowing them to view Ingram inventory, but not LSI data. This should make your order processing more efficient and speed up workflow.
Some tips and updates on identifying possible fraudulent orders
As online sales volume has increased on IndieCommerce and indieLite websites, so has the number of fraudulent sales. Here are a few tips to help you catch fraudulent online orders.
- Fraud Report https://www.bookweb.org/fraud-report READ ASAP! data is not available for analysis by our team until the morning after the order date.
- You can check the IP address for risk assessment at these websites: https://scamalytics.com/ip; and https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip-lookup-proxy-vpn-test
- Pay attention to ship to/bill to addresses that are the same except for zip code
- Get phone # for customer on all orders
- Call the customer and the recipient of suspicious orders- the recipient might not be aware of any fraud and help confirm if order is fraudulent
- Check the order to see if the credit card authorization had address mismatches or declines before being approved
- Report all suspicious activity to the IndieCommerce team so we can track fraudulent activity
- Please review your orders for Admin Comments from our staff regarding possible fraud before completing the order
If you have any questions, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Webinar Series From IndieCommerce
The IndieCommerce team will be offering a series of webinars over the next few weeks in preparation for the 2020 Holiday season. Please see the information below. You can register for each webinar here.
- Date and time : Wednesday, Sep/23 12:30pm - 1:30pm Eastern
Title : IndieCommerce 101 : How to get your new IndieCommerce site ready for launch
- Date and Time : Wednesday, Sep/30 12:30pm - 1:30pm Eastern
Title : IndieLite 101 : How to get your new IndieLite site ready for launch
- Date and Time : Monday, Oct/12 12:30 - 1:30 pm Eastern
Title : Order Processing 201 : Advanced tools and guidelines for managing online orders in bulk
- Date and time : Wednesday, Oct/14 12:30 - 1:30pm Eastern
Title : Sidelines and Non-Book : How to create, sell and manage stock
- Date and Time : Monday, Oct/19 12:30 - 1:30pm Eastern
Title : How to use your website for holiday marketing, gift guides and wishlists
- Date and Time : Wednesday, Oct/21 12:30 - 1:30 pm Eastern
Title : How to use your website for Institutional Business with Schools and Nonprofits
For more details and registration information for any of these upcoming webinars, please visit this page.