|The E-Commerce Newsletter For Booksellers September 25, 2021
New Features For IndieCommerce
We are expecting another very busy fourth quarter online. To help your store manage the increase in order volume and improve the online shopping experience for your customers, the IndieCommerce dev team have some new tools and features you might want to consider for your website. Of particular note is the upgraded Paypal integration with IndieCommerce. Adding Paypal as a payment option for your customers can improve your online
- Paypal - We have upgraded the Paypal integration . With this upgrade, processing Paypal orders will be a lot easier. Paypal orders can be processed like credit card orders, no need to login to Paypal to charge an authorization or issue a refund. Whether you already offer Paypal as a payment option on your website, or would like to do so, you can request the new Upgraded Paypal Payment Method from the Store Features page : Store > Configuration > Account Information and Preferences > Store Features
- IBIDie / WordStock Gift Cards - We have completed the integration for IBIDie & WordStock Gift Cards. IBIDie or WordStock gift cards can now be used as a payment option on your IndieCommerce site. Customers can also purchase digital gift cards on your website. If you are interested, please submit a request from the Store Features page : Store > Configuration > Account Information and Preferences > Store Features
- Store Catalog - You can now use the catalog for non-book items. Coming next week - the option to restrict books (works only for books) in stock at the store in the catalog. Books will be removed from the catalog display when they are out of stock and reappear when they are back in stock.
- Short Discount Books - A new setting on the Store Preferences page (Store > Configuration > Account Information and Preferences > Store Preferences) to suppress Short Discount titles from the search results
- Pick List - Now has the binding type, shipping method and pickup store location
- Stock ETA Information for products in an order - When you view an order as a store admin, if a book is backordered, you can see the ETA by hovering over the number '0'
Beautiful New Templates/Themes For Your Website
The appearance of your website can have a big impact on sales. For IndieCommerce stores interested in upgrading their website for the holidays, we’re introducing 2
new templates / themes. Here are examples of the “Flatlands” theme.
Flatland Theme Example 1
Flatland Theme Example 2
Click here for more information on the Flatlands theme and detailed installation instructions
And here are examples of the Santa Rosa theme.
Santa Rosa Theme Example 1
Santa Rosa Theme Example 2
Click here for more information on this theme and detailed installation instruction
If you would like to try these new themes, please contact: email@example.com and mention ‘Flatland’ or ‘Santa Rosa’ in the subject line.
|Thanks for reading. Feel free to email us with any thoughts, questions, or suggestions.
The IndieCommerce team
For past editions of IndieCommunication, visit this page.
|Phillip Davies, IndieCommerce Director
American Booksellers Association | 333 Westchester Avenue | White Plains, NY 10604
Phil@bookweb.org | 914-406-7527 | www.BookWeb.org
333 Westchester AveUnsubscribe
White Plains, NY 10604