Pre-registation required; $45 fee per person; space is limited and lunch is provided.
Hosting events in-store and offsite is a great way to strengthen a customer base, build goodwill within your community, and make money. But tackling the ins and outs of events, no matter how large or small, is daunting, time-consuming, and, let’s face it, overwhelming. This full-day, two-part workshop led by aces in bookstore event management will teach attendees:
- Best practices for in-store author events
- Tips for navigating events in a small space
- Best practices for off-site author events, including partnering with schools and libraries, hosting large-scale events, and using alternate venues
- Best practices for ticketing events and anticipating turnout
- How to launch a book festival in your community
Events University is open to all booksellers, including those who are not registered for Children’s Institute.