- About Membership
- Membership Types
- Benefits Chart
- Dues Information
- Opening a Bookstore
- Member Directory
Barrett Bookstore Marketing and Event Director
Barrett Bookstore, the largest independent bookstore in Fairfield County, CT is looking for a Marketing and Event Director. This person will work closely with the Store Owner to develop and execute a broad marketing and events strategy to promote Barrett Bookstore externally with customers, media organizations, and partners. Depending on the event schedule, position may require evening and weekend hours. In addition, the position requires a minimum of 12 hours on the sales floor each week.
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Conceptualizing and executing robust social media campaigns (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Threads, etc.), and manage all video efforts.
• Writing and designing bi-monthly e-newsletters advising of new releases, staff favorites and upcoming events via Constant Contact.
• Keeping the store website current and all external facing sites up to date on a daily/weekly basis.
• Managing event calendar, including reviewing the seasonal publisher event grids available on Edelweiss, drafting event proposals, and follow up emails with authors’ publicists.
• Planning all logistics related to author events including dates, times, venue.
• Responding to all local author and external event requests.
• Organizing and publicizing special one-off events, i.e., Independent Bookstore Day, that build community and profile.
• Managing staff around all event-related activities including ‘in conversation’ and hosting aspects of events.
• Maintaining and building relationships with potential partner organizations for future event opportunities.
• Engaging with Barrett Bookstore staff to keep them informed of events and arrange support for event staffing as needed.
• Working with Manager to ensure timely ordering and appropriate discount for all event, school and B2B book orders.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and management skills. Prior event planning experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have facility with or be willing to learn Constant Contact, website design, Canva, social media posting software, Google docs, sheets, forms, etc.