In today's highly competitive business environment independent bookstores need every advantage to succeed. Libris provides that advantage when it comes to business insurance: Independent bookstores receive broad coverage at a highly competitive price.
“When we first looked at joining, ABA's Libris insurance program was one of the top two benefits for joining. We saved more on our insurance costs in just that first year than we've ever paid in years of dues. When I pitch non-member bookstores about joining ABA, Libris is the first thing I mention. ABFE (the legal defense folks who helped us when we needed it), Indies First, and the education program all really matter, but Libris saves bookstores so much money it makes the bottom-line benefit of joining ABA crystal clear.”
Phil Bevis, Arundel Books, Seattle, WA
What is Libris?
Created by ABA, the League of Independent Book Retailer Insurance Services has been working with independent bookstores and publishers since 1997. LIBRIS works directly with business owners as well as with local agents around the country.
What sets Libris apart?
• New Store Benefit. Libris gives credit for previous bookstore experience or retail management experience for new bookstore owners.
• Coverage for Visiting Authors. Unlike most insurance programs, Libris covers visiting authors as additional insureds.
• Website/Computer Coverage. Libris offers $50,000 in website coverage and $5,000 for computer fraud at no additional cost.
• Seasonal Increase in Merchandise is Covered. Libris accounts for increased inventory at no additional
• Used Book Benefit. Libris values used book inventory at the cost to replace with like kind and quality, and does not depreciate used books after a loss.
• Special Event Coverage. Libris understands that bookstore events are a common activity and coverage needs to be built into the policy.
• Off-Premises Coverage for Exhibitions and Conferences. Libris includes coverage for inventory and property used for off-site events, an important part of your business.
A select list of LIBRIS insurance coverage for booksellers:
Find out how Libris can meet your needs at a competitive price by requesting a quote online.