Signup for four new spring promotions created just for independent bookstores launched last week under the banner “Celebrate (With) Indies.” Booksellers can learn more and then choose to participate in one, some, or all four of the promotions at BookWeb.org/celebrate:
- Celebrate Moms With Indies
- Celebrate Dads With Indies
- Celebrate Grads With Indies
- Celebrate Debut Authors With Indies
Titles in the Moms, Dads, and Grads promotions were selected by booksellers, and many have appeared on the Indie Next and Indie Bestseller lists.
To participate in each special, bookstores must sign up by April 4 and agree to promote featured titles through in-store displays, on their e-commerce sites, and via newsletters and social media.
Electronic files to help stores market promotional titles are available in the Bookseller DIY. Added just this week are shelf-talkers and author videos for the Celebrate Debut Authors With Indies campaign, which can be shared individually and as a playlist.
Celebrate Debut Authors With Indies is being offered twice in 2013. Titles for the Spring/Summer offer are:
- The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards: A Novel, by Kristopher Jansma (Penguin/Viking, $26.95, 9780670026005)
- The Summer Prince, by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Scholastic/Arthur A. Levine, $17.99, 9780545417792)
- Shakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary With the Bard, by Laura Bates (Sourcebooks, $14.99, 9781402273148)
- Heart of Palm, by Laura Lee Smith (Grove Press, $25, 9780802121028)
- Zebra Forest, by Adina Rishe Gewirtz (Candlewick, $15.99, 9780763660413)
- The Golem and the Jinni: A Novel, by Helene Wecker (Harper, $29.99, 9780062118931)
- The Army of Frogs: A Kulipari Novel, by Trevor Pryce and Sanford Greene (Abrams/Amulet Books, $15.95, 9781419701726)
- We Need New Names: A Novel, by NoViolet, Bulawayo (Hachette/Regan Arthur Books, $25, 9780316230810)
- The School for Good and Evil, by Soman Chainani (HarperCollins, $16.99, 9780062104892)
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena: A Novel, by Anthony Marra (Random House/Hogarth, $26, 9780770436407)
- The Blood of Heaven, by Kent Wascom (Grove Press, $25, 9780802121189)
The second list of titles will be announced in fall 2013. Weekly sales reporting to BookScan is required for some titles in the Debut Author promotion.
ABA member bookstores can access full details for all the promotions and sign up via BookWeb.org/celebrate.