Ten years of the top October indie picks are now featured in an attractive downloadable PDF flier, suitable for displays.
The list showcases the number-one indie recommendation for October, spanning from the 1999 Book Sense Picks to the 2009 Indie Next List. The American Booksellers Association launched the monthly promo piece in August to celebrate 10 years of intelligent, interesting book recommendations from independent booksellers across the country. In addition to each monthly list of adult titles, seasonal lists of 10 years of Kids/Young Adult Picks are also being produced. The Autumn Kids' list is currently available.
The "Ten Years of Top Recommendations From Independent Booksellers" PDF makes the perfect centerpiece for an in-store display promoting backlist titles and can also be used as a bag stuffer.
Titles featured along with jacket images on the October list are:
- 1999: Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem (Doubleday/Vintage)
- 2000: Black Mass by Dick Lehr and Gerard O'Neill (PublicAffairs/Harper)
- 2001: Peace Like a River by Leif Enger (Atlantic Monthly)
- 2002: The Last Girls by Lee Smith (Algonquin/Ballantine)
- 2003: Uniform Justice by Donna Leon (Atlantic Monthly/Penguin)
- 2004: The Green Age of Asher Witherow by M. Allen Cunningham (Unbridled)
- 2005: Julie & Julia by Julie Powell (Little, Brown/Back Bay)
- 2006: One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson (Little, Brown/Back Bay)
- 2007: The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson (Unbridled/Random House)
- 2008: The Given Day by Dennis Lehane (Morrow/Harperluxe)
- 2009: Day After Night by Anita Diamant (Scribner)