This year, the American Booksellers Association will continue hosting virtual Coffee Break events for member booksellers who would like to connect and talk with their colleagues from across the country.
The remaining schedule for January 2021 is as follows:
- Thursday, January 14, at 6:00 p.m. ET: BIPOC Coffee Break/Forum: ABA has been scheduling monthly BIPOC Coffee Breaks for Black, Indigenous, or People of Color booksellers and bookstore owners since the summer. ABA also began its first quarterly BIPOC forum in October for BIPOC members to share concerns and ideas with ABA CEO Allison Hill. On January 14, the two come together for a BIPOC gathering that combines the Coffee Break with the forum so that BIPOC booksellers can share ideas for future BIPOC Coffee Breaks; needs for ABA services, programming, and support in general; and questions, with ABA CEO Allison Hill, ABA COO Joy Dallangera-Sanger, ABA Senior Membership Manager Daniel O’Brien, and other members of the ABA team who will be in attendance. Booksellers interested in attending should email email@example.com for the session information.
- Tuesday, January 19, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break, open to all booksellers
- Tuesday, January 26, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break, open to all booksellers
- Thursday, January 28, at 8:00 p.m. ET: Evening Coffee Break, open to all booksellers
Here are some important items to note for 2021:
- BIPOC Coffee Breaks will be held the second Thursday of every month.
- The Afternoon and Evening Coffee Breaks have a new ID and password for 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the credentials.
- Afternoon Coffee Breaks happen every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Evening Coffee Breaks happen on the last Thursday of the month at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Recordings of all Coffee Breaks can be found in the Education Resources section of BookWeb.