At this year's BookExpo America (BEA), the ABA/Book Sense Lounge -- Room 401 at Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center -- will be the place to go for autographed books from some of independent booksellers' favorite authors. (In a break from the past, ABA's presence at this year's BEA will be centralized in the ABA/Book Sense Lounge rather than split between the lounge and a booth on the trade show floor.)
On Friday, June 4, and Saturday, June 5, authors whose works have appeared on the Book Sense 76 and Book Sense Picks lists will be available to sign their books and meet booksellers.
The Autographing Schedule for Friday and Saturday will feature:
- Steve Almond (Candyfreak, Algonquin);
- Jim Harrison (True North, Grove);
- Sue Monk Kidd (The Secret Life of Bees, Viking/Penguin);
- Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler's Wife, MacAdam/Cage);
- Arthur Phillips (Prague, Random House);
- Nina Revoyr (Southland, Akashic);
- Porter Shreve (The Obituary Writer, Houghton Mifflin; Drives Like a Dream, forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin);
- John Searles (Boy Still Missing, Perennial; Strange But True, forthcoming from Morrow);
- Adriana Trigiani (Big Cherry Holler, Random House; Lucia, Lucia, Random House; The Queen of the Big Time, forthcoming from Random House);
- Kate Whouley (Cottage for Sale -- Must Be Moved, Commonwealth Editions);
- And more to be announced!
A schedule with the times for the full roster of author appearances will be available at the ABA/Book Sense Lounge or the ABA Kiosk, located outside the entrance to the show floor, beginning Thursday, June 3.
In addition to being the site of Book Sense author autographing, the ABA/Book Sense Lounge will feature all the usual information and services provided at ABA's trade floor booth and will be a place to kick back, relax, and check e-mail. The Lounge is situated close to all of ABA's educational programming. For more information, go to http://news.bookweb.org/2538.html.