As the #BoxedOut campaign continues, media outlets across the nation — and the world — are speaking with independent booksellers and spreading the message about shopping local.
Here’s how some booksellers have shared the story with their local news:
- Café Con Libros in Brooklyn, New York: Time Out New York
- Village Books in Bellingham, Washington: King5 TV
- Anderson’s Bookshops in Downers Grove, Illinois: WGN Radio 720
- The Brain Lair in South Bend, Indiana: WNYC
Stores can promote shopping local by using any of the #BoxedOut assets available on BookWeb.org.
- Social media assets
- DIY book covers
- Messages for boxes
- Press release and talking points
- Installation photos
Stores are also invited to reach out to ABA for help writing an op-ed or reaching out to local media contacts.
In addition, here’s a peek at how countries across the globe are getting the message out to their readers: