Libro.fm is partnering with Independent Bookstore Day (IBD) to offer five free audiobooks and two audiobook samplers on Saturday, April 28. Indie bookstores are invited to offer the free titles to their customers as a thank-you gift for supporting their local bookstore.
Anyone with a Libro.fm account can access the free books, including:
- Tangerine by Christine Mangan (the number-one Indie Next List Pick for April)
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Brain Rules for Aging Well by John Medina
- The Paris Secret by Karen Swan
- The Magic School Bus: Inside the Human Body by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
- Audio story samplers from Penguin Random House and Macmillan
Learn more about the special offer from Libro.fm and take a look at the numerous assets available to promote the offer (don’t forget to add your bookstore code when sharing the link). Stores should encourage customers to set up their Libro.fm accounts now so they will get an e-mail reminder about the offer on April 28.
Libro.fm is fully integrated with IndieCommerce, and a co-branded storefront is fast, free, and easy to set up. For more information about creating a storefront, visit Libro.fm’s indie partners page or contact Mark Pearson.
Here are a few other tips for promoting Independent Bookstore Day this month:
- Contact IndieCommerce to let them know how they can help you prepare for Independent Bookstore Day. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1 (800) 637-0037 (Option 2).
- Participate in the IBD window contest: April 1 marked the kickoff of the first annual Independent Bookstore Day window contest, which will award $300 to a lucky bookstore. Through May 1, stores are invited to submit two to four good-quality photos of their store’s window or in-store display promoting Independent Bookstore Day.
- Start passing out the free IBD bookmarks (which arrived in the March Red Box from ABA) with every sale and start displaying — but not selling — IBD merch, which will ship the second week of April.
- List your store’s party plans on the IBD spreadsheet, which will help IBD get the word out.
- Don’t forget social media: Here’s how to promote Independent Bookstore Day starting now. Also, join the upcoming Twitter party with IBD ambassador Celeste Ng on April 26 from noon to 1:00 Pacific Time — look for #BookstoreDay.
- Need some decorating or party ideas? Check out “book party ideas” or other bookish searches on Pinterest.
- Watch BTW in the coming weeks to learn about how stores are planning to celebrate Independent Bookstore Day.
Visit the Independent Bookstore Day website to learn more about the event; the “For the Trade” section includes a handy month-by-month planning guide, bookseller information and FAQs, and more. Booksellers can follow Independent Bookstore Day on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.