The American Booksellers Association is continuing to host virtual Coffee Break events for member booksellers who would like to connect and talk with their colleagues from across the country.
Coffee Breaks will take place in February as follows:
- Monday, February 8, at 1:00 p.m. ET: New Member Coffee Break Series, Part 2: Store Ownership 101: This session will provide new and prospective bookstore owners with an opportunity to ask questions of seasoned bookstore owners/staff. New and new-ish members are welcome. Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, use this form to submit your questions for our seasoned bookstore owners/staff ahead of time.
- Tuesday, February 9, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 11, at 6:00 p.m. ET: BIPOC Coffee Break
- Tuesday, February 16, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 18, at 8:05 p.m. ET: Winter Institute BIPOC Meetup (open to non-Winter Institute attendees as well). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for credentials.
- Tuesday, February 23, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 25, at 8:00 p.m. ET: Evening Coffee Break
For the regular Tuesday afternoon and Thursday evening Coffee Breaks, ABA will send the meeting link to the entire membership a few hours before each event. If booksellers do not receive the email invitation (and cannot find it in their spam folder), they should reach out to email@example.com.
Recordings of all Coffee Breaks can be found in the Education Resources section of BookWeb.