There are still rooms available for BEA at the Hotel California -- the Radisson Wilshire Plaza, where ABA bookstore members can book an exclusive deal of $111 a night from May 25 to June 7. However, the rooms are going fast, and booksellers are encouraged to book quickly (see end of story for details). The Radisson Wilshire Plaza is a comfortable, recently renovated business-style hotel located fewer than 15 minutes from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The affordable room rate is only one feature of the exclusive package. This independent bookseller-only deal also includes:
- A complementary continental breakfast;
- An exclusive hotel hospitality suite, which each evening during BEA will be a comfortable, convenient meeting place for booksellers;
- A special ABA/BEA concierge table in the hotel lobby, where booksellers can pick up BEA badge-holders, copies of the BEA exhibitors' guide, updated information about convention events, and a welcome package with special surprises from ABA and publishers, all without having to wait in Convention Center lines;
- Special shuttle bus service between the Radisson and the Convention Center; and
- Exclusive access in the hotel to exhibitors' materials, including publishers' catalogs and ARCs.
ABA and BEA staff have recently completed on-site inspections of the hotel, assuring quality, and they report that it offers a wide range of amenities -- from two full-scale restaurants to in-room Internet access. In addition, the hotel location -- in the heart of the mid-Wilshire neighborhood -- offers a wide range of restaurants within walking distance.
This is an exclusive deal for ABA bookstore members and is being offered on a first-come, first-served basis. ABA member bookstores were recently notified via e-mail, and initial response has been strong. However, rooms are still available. For more information on bookseller accommodations, click here.