BookExpo 2018 will kick off at the Javits Convention Center in New York City on Wednesday, May 30, with a full day of events and programming.
The trade show floor, which will feature more than 150 business-to-business exhibitors (see the full list here), will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and the floor will be open in its entirety on Thursday, May 31, and Friday, June 1.
Programming on Wednesday, May 30, includes:
- Grand Opening Keynote With B&N Chairman Len Riggio, 9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the Uptown Stage
- Meet the Editor, 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at publishers’ offices throughout the city (registration for this event is closed)
- Data-Driven Bookselling: Using Analytics to Work Better and Smarter, 11:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. in Room 1E10
- In-Booth Editors’ Hours, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the trade show floor (see the full list of participating publishers here)
- Celebration of Bookselling and Author Awards Lunch, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Main Stage Hall (registration for this event is closed)
- BookExpo Adult Editor Buzz Panel, 1:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Room 1E12/13/14
- Celebration of Bookselling Lunch Author Signings, 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. in the ABA Member Lounge (Booth 721 on the trade show floor)
- A Discussion on Diversity and Inclusion Tactics for Booksellers, 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room 1E12/13/14
- Publicists Speed Dating Day 1, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Special Events Hall (a second session will be held Friday, June 1, from 9:45 to 11:45 a.m. in the River Pavilion; registration for both sessions is closed)
- Silent Art Auction to Benefit ABFE and Every Child a Reader, featuring the Children’s & Teen Choice Book Awards, 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the South Concourse (tickets are on sale now!)
In addition, the ABA Member Lounge & Galley Room will be the exclusive place for booksellers to relax, have a snack, and meet with their colleagues from across the country, including staff from ABA’s IndieCommerce team, who are offering one-on-one sessions for booksellers who want to talk about e-commerce solutions.
The Lounge (Booth 721 on the trade show floor) will be open to booksellers with ABA member badges at the following times:
- Wednesday, May 30, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 31, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (closed from 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. for the ABA Annual Membership Meeting and Town Hall)
- Friday, June 1, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Booksellers can register for free badges to BookExpo by providing their ABA member ID number during the registration process. More information about ABA’s programming at BookExpo can be found on BookWeb.org.