Booksellers are encouraged to explore their health coverage options before open enrollment ends on December 15. To learn more about health coverage options, booksellers can contact American Booksellers Association membership health insurance partner LIG Solutions for a no-obligation health insurance assessment.
Two open enrollment periods are underway:
- Medicare Open Enrollment, which runs until Monday, December 7.
- General Open Enrollment for Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage, which runs until Tuesday, December 15, in most states.
During open enrollment, you can add, drop, or make changes to your health insurance coverage. For more information on open enrollment in general, including options outside of open enrollment, see this article on preparing for open enrollment.
Booksellers can take the following steps to learn more about ABA’s membership health insurance benefit:
- Watch the recording of ABA’s Health Insurance Open Enrollment Webinar with LIG Solutions.
- Read ABA’s frequently asked questions about this health insurance partnership.
- Schedule an appointment with a licensed advisor by calling the LIG Solutions team or filling out the form on ABA’s landing page at any time. Find ABA’s landing page with the phone number and form here.
Questions about ABA’s partnership with LIG Solutions can be directed to email@example.com.
Booksellers should communicate with their manager before purchasing a policy as the bookstore may be looking into offering employees a health coverage option as part of the ABA partnership with LIG Solutions.