The consumer review website 16Best.net recently published a 16-page, color infographic that provides comprehensive details on the extensive scope of Amazon’s economic reach.
The details, which are presented in a positive manner, nonetheless provide ample evidence of Amazon’s online and business dominance.
Details provided by the infographic include:
- Amazon holds 43.5 percent of the U.S. e-commerce market.
- Amazon has some 300 million active users and sells more than 3 billion products each month.
- Amazon adds more than 1 million products each day to its stores and they are expected to sell more than 12 billion products by 2020.
- Amazon is the world’s third-largest IT company.
- Forty-four percent of web shoppers go directly to Amazon for product searches, and 90 percent of customers check Amazon even if they’ve found their product elsewhere.
- Amazon’s marketplace boasts more than 2 million sellers.
- Amazon’s top five product categories still includes books.
- Amazon’s web services are used by 600 government agencies worldwide.