This year, the American Booksellers Association will continue hosting virtual Coffee Break events for member booksellers who would like to connect and talk with their colleagues from across the country.
The remaining schedule for January 2021 is as follows:
- Thursday, January 28, at 8:00 p.m. ET: Evening Coffee Break, open to all booksellers
Coffee Breaks will continue in February as follows:
- Tuesday, February 2, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Monday, February 8, at 1:00 p.m. ET: New Member Coffee Break Series, Part 2: Store Ownership 101: This session will provide new and prospective bookstore owners with an opportunity to ask questions of seasoned bookstore owners/staff. New and new-ish members are welcome. Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, use this form to submit your questions for our seasoned bookstore owners/staff ahead of time.
- Tuesday, February 9, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 11, at 6:00 p.m. ET: BIPOC Coffee Break
- Tuesday, February 16, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 18, at 8:05 p.m. ET: Winter Institute BIPOC Meetup (open to non-Winter Institute attendees as well). Email email@example.com for credentials.
- Tuesday, February 23, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, February 25, at 8:00 p.m. ET: Evening Coffee Break
Here are some important items to note for 2021:
- BIPOC Coffee Breaks will be held the second Thursday of every month.
- The Afternoon and Evening Coffee Breaks have a new ID and password for 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the credentials.
- Afternoon Coffee Breaks happen every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Evening Coffee Breaks happen on the last Thursday of the month at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Recordings of all Coffee Breaks can be found in the Education Resources section of BookWeb.