On Thursday, June 25, at 1:00 p.m. ET, the American Booksellers Association will present a Marketing Meetup on marketing bookstores to schools.
After receiving a number of requests to revisit the “Marketing Your Store to a School” topic previously covered in March, ABA has decided to cover it again with a focus on what needs to change as businesses are in various states of operation and events are taking place virtually instead of in-person. Booksellers will hear about the changes bookseller panelists have made or are considering making and get fresh points of view from booksellers just beginning the process. Other booksellers with experience on marketing and holding virtual school events are encouraged to attend the call and share their experiences.
The panel will feature:
- Cathy Berner, Blue Willow Bookshop, Houston, Texas
- Stephanie Heinz, Print: A Bookstore, Portland, Maine
- Jamie Anderson, Duck’s Cottage, Duck, North Carolina
- Emily Woods, McNally Jackson, New York City
- Kathy Burnette, The Brain Lair, South Bend, Indiana
- Suzi Hough, Hicklebee’s, San Jose, California