The March Book Sense White Box roars in like a lion
filled with information and materials you need to see
First, from ABA and Book Sense:
- The 2004-2005 Reading Group Recommendations List (100 copies; if you'd like more, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- The Poetry Top Ten List (pad of 100) -- Please use this as the centerpiece for your "April is Poetry Month" displays!
- The Easter/Passover Top Ten List (produced in conjunction with the Association of American Publishers -- pad of 100) -- a natural for inclusion in your holiday displays!
- A first look at the complete list of ABA/Book Sense Programming at BEA 2004, June 3 - 6, in Chicago
- A first look at the proposed new Book Sense Picks format, including a full FAQ section
- For those stores participating in the "Hardcover History" program in conjunction with The History Channel -- the latest mini-poster and bookmarks announcing a new series, "Investigating History." The April 26 show is entitled The Holy Grail, and the tie-in book is THE HOLY GRAIL: Imagination and Belief by Richard Barber, published by Harvard University Press. (If you would like an additional plastic sleeve and mini-poster for display, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.)
And from our generous Publisher Partners, these galleys, ARCs, finished books, and more:
- DANTE'S CURE: A Journey Out of Madness, by Daniel Dorman, M.D., published by Other Press
- BITTER WITH BAGGAGE SEEKS SAME: The Life and Times of Some Chickens, by Sloane Tanen, published by Bloomsbury
- SIGN OF THE QIN: Outlaws of Moonshadow Marsh, by L.G. Bass, coming from Hyperion Books for Children
- MISDEMEANOR MAN, by Dylan Schaffer, to be published by Bloomsbury
- BUBBLES A BROAD: A Mystery, the latest by Sarah Strohmeyer, coming from Dutton
- READ, SET, GROW!, by Lynda Madaras, published by Newmarket Press
- TAMPA BURN, by Randy Wayne White, to be published by Putnam
- Coming from MIRA, an ARC of Erica Spindler's next book entitled SEE JANE DIE, along with a copy of her latest hardcover, IN SILENCE
- From the pen of dear friend and former colleague (and continued champion of the Independent marketplace) Carl Lennertz, CURSED BY A HAPPY CHILDHOOD: Tales of Growing Up Then and Now, to be published by Harmony Books
- HAD A GOOD TIME: Stories From American Postcards, the latest from Robert Olen Butler, coming from Algonquin
- The long-awaited sequel to PLAINSONG from Kent Haruf, entitled EVENTIDE, to be published by Knopf
POP materials, shelf-talkers, bookmarks, posters, and other sundries from:
Picador, HarperCollins, Random House, Rodale, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Harcourt Children's Books, and Book Page, among others.
And in the folder, sell sheets, special offers, postcards, and so much more from:
Tara Publishing, Pendragon, Black Rose Books, CDS Books, Quality Words in Print, McGraw-Hill, Oxford University Press, Traveler's Tales, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Abrams, Charlesbridge, Writer's Digest (F&W), HarperBusiness, Intrigue Press, Harcourt, Shelter, Other Press, America's Test Kitchen, and others, along with an excerpt from the April issue of GOOD HOUSEKEEPING magazine, featuring news of a relaunch of their travel Web site, a consumer contest, and suggested titles for each of their featured destinations, all tied into the Book Sense brand.
Another great selection of materials and opportunities!
A REMINDER: BEA is less than three months away (yikes!), and among the many featured ABA programs this year in Chicago will be the Annual Book Sense Author Luncheon on Friday, June 4, sponsored by The New Yorker magazine. Please e-mail me with your reservations (a maximum of two names per store, please) as soon as you can. This event fills up quickly! Thanks!
Until next month,
Director, Book Sense Marketing
(800) 637-0037, ext. 1240