Booksellers can visit the American Booksellers Association’s Learning on Demand page on BookWeb.org now to find new content from Winter Institute 13, which was held earlier this year in Memphis, Tennessee.
Each week, ABA will update the Learning on Demand page with a new video from Winter Institute. The following sessions are currently available to view:
- Keynote speaker Amy Webb, who presented research on artificial intelligence, automation, and digital trends to show booksellers that thinking like a futurist can help their business succeed
- “Take Your Social Media to the Next Level: Strategic Best Practices for Retail and E-commerce Businesses,” featuring Sarah Benoit of JB Media Institute
- Keynote speaker Dan Pink, who talked about why booksellers should pay attention to timing when making decisions
- “First Steps to Financial Peace in Business,” featuring Kelly Estep of Carmichael’s Bookstore in Louisville, Kentucky, and Christie Olsen Day of Gallery Bookshop and Bookwinkle’s Children’s Books in Mendocino, California
- “Hacking Your Bookseller Salary” with Jesse Mecham, author of You Need A Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck to Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt, and Living the Life You Want (HarperBusiness)
Additional videos to be added each week will feature keynote speakers and educational sessions from the 13th annual Winter Institute.
ABA launched the Learning on Demand page on BookWeb.org in 2017. In addition to the Winter Institute session videos, the page features members-only podcasts from Children’s Institute 2017 and webinar videos on such topics as basic sales techniques, creating a press kit, managing large-scale offsite events, and IndieCommerce and IndieLite.
Booksellers can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request their login information.