The American Booksellers Association’s Pre-Order Calendar highlights an array of upcoming titles that indie booksellers can consider promoting for pre-order through their stores.
The calendar specifically features books with added value, such as signed copies and exclusive merchandise, to entice customers to order from their local indie bookstore, as well as big titles that have good pre-order potential.
Updated each week, the calendar outlines selected books’ publication dates and details for ordering from publishers. When available, titles on the calendar will also link to a page with publishers’ downloadable digital marketing assets.
New items available for pre-order are indicated by the date they were added in red. Titles featured in a pre-order ad in an upcoming Indie Next List flier will have the notation *INL: Month* or *KNL: Month* for the kids’ list.
Some highlights from the Pre-Order Calendar, all added in recent weeks, include:
- Ida B. the Queen: The Extraordinary Life and Legacy of Ida B. Wells by Michelle Duster (Atria/One Signal Publishers, 9781982129811, Hardcover, $27, on sale January 26).
- Faye, Faraway by Helen Fisher (Gallery Books, 9781982142674, Hardcover, $27, on sale January 26).
- Do Better: Spiritual Activism for Fighting and Healing from White Supremacy by Rachel Ricketts (Atria Books, 9781982151270, Hardcover, $27, on sale February 2).
- Fat Chance, Charlie Vega by Crystal Maldonado (Holiday House, 9780823447176, Hardcover, $18.99, on sale February 2)
- Charlie Thorne and the Lost City (Charlie Thorne #2) by Stuart Gibbs (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 9781534443815, Hardcover, $17.99, on sale March 2)
- City Spies: Golden Gate (City Spies #2) by James Ponti (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 9781534414945, Hardcover, $17.99, on sale March 9)
- Dog Man: Mothering Heights (Dog Man #10) by Dav Pilkey (Graphix, 9781338680454, Hardcover, $12.99, on sale March 23)
- How to Love the World by James Crews (Story Publishing, 9781635863864, Paperback, $14.95, on sale April 13)
- The Rock from the Sky by Jon Klassen (Candlewick, 9781536215625, Hardcover, $18.99, on sale April 13)
- The Bruce Swap by Ryan T. Higgins (Disney-Hyperion, 9781368028561, Hardcover, $17.99, on sale May 4)
Every bookstore has the ability to take pre-orders, either in-store or online, if they have e-commerce capabilities. Booksellers can review the Pre-Order Calendar for more information.