The American Booksellers Association’s Pre-Order Calendar highlights an array of upcoming titles that indie booksellers can consider promoting for pre-order through their stores.
The calendar specifically features books with added value, such as signed copies and exclusive merchandise, to entice customers to order from their local indie bookstore, as well as big titles that have good pre-order potential.
Updated each week, the calendar outlines selected books’ publication dates and details for ordering from publishers. When available, titles on the calendar will also link to a page with publishers’ downloadable digital marketing assets.
New items available for pre-order are indicated by the date they were added in red. Titles featured in a pre-order ad in an upcoming Indie Next List flier will have the notation *INL: Month* or *KNL: Month* for the kids’ list.
Some highlights from the Pre-Order Calendar, all added in recent weeks, include:
- Infinite Country by Patricia Engel (Avid Reader Press/Simon & Schuster, 9781982159467, Hardcover, $25, on sale March 2)
- Life After Death by Sister Souljah (Atria/Emily Bestler Books, 9781982139131, Hardcover, $27, on sale March 2).
- The Dangerous Gift (Wings of Fire #14) by T. Sutherland (Scholastic Press, 9781338214543, Hardcover, $16.99, on sale March 2)
- Goodbye, Again by Jonny Sun (Harper Perennial, 9780062880857, Hardcover, $19.99, on sale March 23)
- Good Company by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney (Ecco, 9780062876003, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale April 6)
- The Rock from the Sky by Jon Klassen (Candlewick, 9781536215625, Hardcover, $18.99, on sale April 13)
- Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau (Custom House, 9780063052291, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale May 4)
- Animal by Lisa Taddeo (Avid Reader Press/Simon & Schuster, 9781982122126, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale June 8)
- Dream Girl by Laura Lippman (William Morrow, 9780062390073, Hardcover, $28.99, on sale June 22)
Every bookstore has the ability to take pre-orders, either in-store or online, if they have e-commerce capabilities. Booksellers can review the Pre-Order Calendar for more information.