The American Booksellers Association’s Pre-Order Calendar highlights an array of upcoming titles that indie booksellers can consider promoting for pre-order through their stores.
The calendar specifically features books with added value, such as signed copies and exclusive merchandise, to entice customers to order from their local indie bookstore.
Updated each week, the calendar outlines selected books’ publication dates and details for ordering from publishers. When available, titles on the calendar will also link to a page with publishers’ downloadable digital marketing assets.
New items available for pre-order are indicated by the date they were added in red. Titles featured in a pre-order ad in an upcoming Indie Next List flier will have the notation *INL: Month* or *KNL: Month* for the kids’ list.
Some highlights from the Pre-Order Calendar, all added in recent weeks, include:
- Trumpty Dumpty Wanted a Crown by John Lithgow (Chronicle Prism, 9781797209463, Hardcover, $22.95, on sale September 29)
- Little Audrey’s Daydream: The Life of Audrey Hepburn by Sean Hepburn Ferrer, Karin Hepburn Ferrer, Dominique Corbasson (Illus.), Francois Avril (Illus.) (Princeton Architectural Press, 9781616899912, Hardcover, $17.95, on sale October 6)
- The Vineyard at Painted Moon by Susan Mallery (HQN Books, 9781335912794, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale February 9)
- We Run the Tides by Vendela Vida (Ecco, 9780062936233, Hardcover, $26.99, on sale February 9)
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner (Park Row, 9780778311010, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale March 2)
- Kingdom of Bones by James Rollins (William Morrow, 9780062892980, Hardcover, $28.99, on sale March 9)
- The Consequences of Fear by Jacqueline Winspear (Harper, 9780062868022, Hardcover, $27.99, on sale March 23)
- Goodbye, Again by Jonny Sun (Harper Perennial, 9780062880857, Hardcover, $19.99, on sale March 23)
- Mother May I by Joshilyn Jackson (William Morrow, 9780062855343, Hardcover, $28.99, on sale April 6)
- The Souvenir Museum by Elizabeth Mccracken (Ecco, 9780062971289, Hardcover, $26.99, on sale April 13)
Every bookstore has the ability to take pre-orders, either in-store or online, if they have e-commerce capabilities. Booksellers can review the Pre-Order Calendar for more information.