The American Booksellers Association’s Pre-Order Calendar highlights an array of upcoming titles that indie booksellers can consider promoting for pre-order through their stores.
The calendar specifically features books with added value, such as signed copies and exclusive merchandise, to entice customers to order from their local indie bookstore.
Updated each week, the calendar outlines selected books’ publication dates and details for ordering from publishers. When available, titles on the calendar will also link to a page with publishers’ downloadable digital marketing assets.
New items available for pre-order are indicated by the date they were added in red. Titles featured in a pre-order ad in an upcoming Indie Next List flier will have the notation *INL: Month* or *KNL: Month* for the kids’ list.
Some highlights from the Pre-Order Calendar, all added in recent weeks, include:
- The Decameron Project: 29 New Stories from the Pandemic by The New York Times (Scribner, 9781982170790, Hardcover, $25, on sale November 10)
- How to Slowly Kill Yourself and Others in America by Kiese Laymon (Scribner, 9781982170820, Paperback, $16, on sale November 10)
- I Would Leave Me If I Could by Halsey (Simon & Schuster, 9781982135607, Hardcover, $24.99, on sale November 10)
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas (HarperCollins, 9780062846716, Hardcover, $19.99, on sale January 12)
- A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer (Bloomsbury YA, 9781547602582, Hardcover, $18.99, on sale January 12)
Every bookstore has the ability to take pre-orders, either in-store or online, if they have e-commerce capabilities. Booksellers can review the Pre-Order Calendar for more information.