Booksellers attending next month’s Children’s Institute in San Antonio, Texas, will be entered into a raffle to win an original piece of art created especially for the institute by award-winning illustrator M. Sarah Klise. The artwork features the members of Sir Sidney’s Circus from the new Three-Ring Rascals series for middle-graders, written by Kate Klise, illustrated by M. Sarah Klise, and published by Algonquin Young Readers.
Other artwork from the series will be featured on a variety of signage and materials for the April 6 – 7 event. One raffle ticket per bookseller will be issued along with name badges at the Children’s Institute welcome desk, with the drawing taking place at the beginning of the Rep Picks Lunch session on April 7.
Children’s Institute participants will also have the opportunity to meet and mingle with many authors and illustrators at the event’s Closing Reception. Recently added to the long list of authors and illustrators who will be signing copies of their books at the reception are:
- Adi Alsaid, Let’s Get Lost (Harlequin Teen)
- Jennifer Lynn Alvarez, The Guardian Herd: Starfire (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Stuart Gibbs, Space Case (Simon & Schuster Children’s Books)
- George Hagen, Gabriel Finley & the Raven’s Riddle (Random House Children’s Books)
- Michael Hall, It’s an Orange Aardvark (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Jennifer L. Holm, The Fourteenth Goldfish (Random House Children’s Books)
- Kelly Light, Louise Loves Art (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Gena Showalter, The Queen of Zombie Hearts (Harlequin Teen)
- Thomas Voorhies, Quarantine: The Burnouts (Egmont USA)
Three of the Children’s Institute’s featured speakers will also be attending the reception: Chip Kidd (Go: A Kidd’s Guide to Graphic Design, Workman Publishing), Tim Federle (Five, Six, Seven, Nate! Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing), and Austin Kleon (Show Your Work! Workman Publishing). The full list of authors participating in the Children’s Institute is available here.
Children’s Institute registration is now full; registered booksellers who are no longer planning to attend are asked to contact ABC Group Manager Matthew Zoni as soon as possible so that waiting booksellers can fill their places. The registration fee for the Children’s Institute is nonrefundable.
Reservations at the ABA member rate at the Children’s Institute host hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown Hotel, will close tomorrow, March 7. Reservations must be booked directly with the hotel at (800) 560-7753 or via the special CI reservation page (an ABA group code is required).
Following the Children’s Institute, booksellers may attend the Texas Library Association’s annual conference in San Antonio, running April 8 – 11, at TLA’s member rates.
To learn more about the educational programming and special events at CI, visit the Children’s Institute on BookWeb.org.