Publishers Weekly announced the 2019 Bookstore and Sales Representative of the Year finalists at Winter Institute 14, which was held January 22–25, 2019, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The PW Bookstore and Rep of the Year awards single out outstanding contributors to the bookselling industry. In 2019, in addition to older, established stores, the bookstore shortlist includes several newer stores, among them one that stepped up outreach to the local Pittsburgh community in the wake of the synagogue shooting this past October.
The five finalists for 2019 Bookstore of the Year are:
- A Likely Story (Sykesville, Maryland)
- Classic Lines Bookstore (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- hello hello books (Rockland, Maine)
- Literati Bookstore (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Watermark Books & Café (Wichita, Kansas)
The five finalists for 2019 Sales Representative of the Year are:
- Colleen Conway, sales manager, Penguin Random House/Penguin Young Readers
- Judy DeBerry, senior sales rep and national accounts manager, Hachette Book Group
- Cindy Heidemann, field sales rep, Publishers Group West and Two Rivers
- Kurtis Lowe, publisher sales rep, Book Travelers West
- Patricia Nelson, University Press Sales Associates (The MIT Press, Princeton University Press, and Yale University Press)
The winning bookstore and sales representative will be featured in Publishers Weekly magazine and honored at a ceremony to be held in New York City this spring.