To provide ease of access for member booksellers, Bookselling This Week has compiled its coverage to-date of the seventh annual Children’s Institute, which was held June 26-28, 2019, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Now available for booksellers who attended the event and for those who did not, the list that follows contains links to all of the articles that BTW has published in the weeks since Children’s Institute 7, including education session and keynote speech recaps, a full event overview, and other event-related information.
- Indie Booksellers Bring Enthusiasm, Excitement to Seventh Annual Children’s Institute
- Ci7 Keynote: Ann Patchett on How Owning a Bookstore Opens Doors
- Ci7 Keynote: Elizabeth Acevedo on What Being Well-Read Really Means
- Ci7 Keynote: Alyssa Milano on the Importance of Activism
- Hitting the Road With Indie Booksellers: A Recap of the Full-Day Bookstore Tour at Ci7
- 2019 BookExpo Silent Art Auction, Ci7 Art Raffle Raise Over $23,000
- James Patterson Honored at Children’s Institute
- First Children’s Institute Town Hall Tackles Industry Problems and Solutions
- Booksellers Glean Insight from IndieCommerce/Point-of-Sale User Groups
- Booksellers at Ci7 Talk Event Strategies at Well-Read Black Girl Book Club Workshop
- Ci7 Education: Well-Read Black Girl Workshop With Glory Edim
- Ci7 Education: Small Acts for Financial Gain
- Ci7 Education: Events University
- Ci7 Education: Marketing Events to Ensure a Home Run
- Ci7 Education: Small Footprint, Big Impact
- Ci7 Education: Talking Productively About Content Issues in Children’s Literature
- Ci7 Education: Working With Title 1 Schools
- Ci7 Education: Conducting a Diversity Audit
- Ci7 Education: The Art of Reading Aloud
- Ci7 Education: Advanced Bookselling — Author Event Grids
- Ci7 Education: Buying & Selling — Subscription Boxes
In addition to viewing these articles published in previous issues of Bookselling This Week, American Booksellers Association member booksellers can also now visit BookWeb’s Education Resources page to browse videos and handouts from education sessions held at the seventh annual Children’s Institute. A BookWeb username and password are required to access these materials (booksellers who need login information can e-mail email@example.com).