The American Booksellers Association’s Spring Forums, which are held annually in conjunction with the regional booksellers associations, provide an opportunity for booksellers to share ideas, discuss industry issues, and receive updates on ABA projects. All indie booksellers — ABA members and non-members alike — are invited to take part in a forum in their area.
In addition to an open forum discussion, this spring’s 10 forums will include an education session; the topic will be announced in the coming weeks.
Here’s a first look at the dates and locations for the 2018 Spring Forum season, which kicks off in Hollywood, California, on March 16. Watch for details on each forum in upcoming editions of Bookselling This Week. Dates and locations are subject to change.
- Friday, March 16: Hollywood, California, with the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association
- Sunday, March 18: San Francisco, California, with the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association
- Monday, March 19: Seattle, Washington, with the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association
- Friday, March 23: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance
- Monday, March 26: Minneapolis, Minnesota, with the Midwest Independent Booksellers Association
- Wednesday, March 28: New York, New York, with the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association
- Thursday, April 12: Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the New England Independent Booksellers Association
- Tuesday, April 17: Detroit, Michigan, with the Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association
- Monday, April 23: St. Louis, Missouri, an additional forum with the Midwest Independent Booksellers Association
- Wednesday, April 25: Evergreen, Colorado, with the Mountains & Plains Independent Booksellers Association