The Southeast Booksellers Association has announced the winners of the association's 2003 Book Awards, which "seek to recognize the year's best books out of the South."
The winners are:
- Fiction -- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (Penguin)
- Nonfiction -- My Losing Season by Pat Conroy (Doubleday)
- Children's -- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen (Random/Knopf)
- Cookbooks -- The Foster's Market Cookbook by Sara Foster (Random House)
- Poetry -- Catching Light: Poems by Kathryn Stripling Byer (Louisiana State University Press)
The 2003 Book Award Winners awards will be presented to the winning authors at an awards dinner at the Park Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina, on April 4. Sally Brewster Dobson, of Park Road Book's in Charlotte, will emcee the dinner, and tickets are $40. For ticket information, contact SEBA at (803) 782-0375 or go to the association's Web site at www.sebaweb.org.