On Thursday, February 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EST, the American Booksellers Association will present a Marketing Meetup that will focus on best practices for hosting ticketed events.
All booksellers are invited to participate in these bookseller-led educational conversations, which are conducted through Zoom.us and held at 11:00 a.m. EST on two Thursdays a month. Booksellers who would like to participate should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation and instructions.
The upcoming roundtable will look at the following topics:
- Ticketing services
- Platforms through which to market events and best practices for each platform
- Generating media coverage of events
- Best practices for event grid pitches
- Other general advice for marketing events
Guest speakers for this panel include:
- Sara Balabanlilar of Brazos Bookstore in Houston, Texas
- Eliza Thompson, Word Bookstores in Brooklyn, New York, and Jersey City, New Jersey
Watch Bookselling This Week for news about upcoming Marketing Meetups.