The American Booksellers Association is continuing to host virtual Coffee Break events for member booksellers who would like to connect and talk with their colleagues from across the country. These sessions are an open forum, though booksellers are welcome to send questions or topics to be discussed ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In March, ABA is planning these Coffee Breaks:
- Thursday, March 11, at 6:00 p.m. ET: BIPOC Coffee Break: A meeting space for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or People of Color) booksellers and bookstore owners to gather for connection, support, community, resources, and networking. BIPOC allies and booksellers who do not identify as BIPOC should not plan to attend. Booksellers interested in attending should use the sign-up form at the bottom of the ABA Meetups page. Sign-up is only necessary once to receive credentials for all BIPOC Coffee Breaks for the rest of 2021. ABA will send the meeting link to those who have signed up for the mailing list a few hours before each event.
- Tuesday, March 16, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Tuesday, March 23, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Tuesday, March 30, at 3:00 p.m. ET: Afternoon Coffee Break
- Thursday, March 25, at 8:00 p.m. ET: Evening Coffee Break
For the regular Tuesday afternoon and Thursday evening Coffee Breaks, ABA will send the meeting link to the entire membership a few hours before each event. If booksellers do not receive the email invitation (and cannot find it in their spam folder), they should reach out to email@example.com.
Recordings of all Coffee Breaks can be found in the Education Resources section of BookWeb.