There are currently numerous taping dates available for HarperCollins’ 2019 Facebook Live program, so ABA booksellers are encouraged to claim their spot as soon as possible; taping dates beginning with Thursday, August 22, until the end of 2019 are up for grabs now.
As part of this year’s #HarperCollinsLovesIndies program, HarperCollins and Book Studio 16 are celebrating the art of the hand-sell and the indie booksellers who have perfected it. In a change from 2018’s Saturday schedule, each new participating store creates a streaming Facebook Live video on a select Thursday that features store staff talking about titles they have been reading, loving, and recommending.
In 2018, 51 different independent bookstores created streaming Facebook Live videos as part of the #HarperCollinsLovesIndies initiative. As in previous years, ABA has been publicizing booksellers’ videos in 2019 by sharing them with the 39,000 followers on its IndieBound Facebook page and promoting the videos in advance on ABA’s Facebook page.
HarperCollins is continuing to help bookstores plan their Facebook Live videos by sending a “best practices” guide prior to taping. The publisher also created a new hashtag, #TheHandSellLive, for the 2019 campaign, which booksellers can use to tag their videos on Facebook and when reposting them to other social media platforms.
Booksellers who would like to sign up or booksellers who have questions about the 2019 program, can e-mail HarperCollinsFBLive@harpercollins.com. To see the Facebook Live videos that were posted throughout 2017 and 2018, browse the #HarperCollinsLovesIndies hashtag on Facebook. In addition, here are the Facebook Live videos that have aired in 2019 so far:
- East City Bookshop, January 3, Washington, D.C.
- WordsWorth Books, January 10, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Anderson’s, January 17, La Grange, Illinois
- Branches Books & Gifts, January 24, Oakhurst, California
- Boulder Book Store, January 31, Boulder, Colorado
- Books & Books, February 7, Miami, Florida
- Fountain Bookstore, February 14, Richmond, Virginia
- Old Town Books, February 21, Alexandria, Virginia
- Second Star to the Right, February 28, Denver, Colorado
- RJ Julia Booksellers, March 7, Madison, Connecticut
- The King's English Bookshop. March 14, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Page & Palette, March 21, Fairhope, Alabama
- Buttonwood Books, March 28, Cohasset, Massachusetts
- Oxford Exchange, April 4, Tampa, Florida
- Inkwood Books, April 11, Haddonfield, New Jersey
- Whitelam Books, April 18, Reading, Massachusetts
- Bards Alley, April 25, Vienna, Virginia
- Zenith Bookstore, May 2, Duluth, Minnesota
- Trident Booksellers and Café, May 9, Boston, Massachusetts
- The Doylestown Bookshop, May 23, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Nicola's Books, May 30, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Elm Street Books, June 6, New Canaan, Connecticut