The 2019 list is as follows, and contains four Indie Next List number one picks, indicated with an asterisk:
- Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Penguin Random House Audio)*
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (Macmillan Audio)
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (HarperAudio)
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (Penguin Random House Audio)
- Talking to Strangers by Malcom Gladwell (Hachette Audio)
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow (Hachette Audio)
- Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark (Macmillan Audio)
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo (Simon & Schuster Audio)*
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong (Penguin Random House Audio)*
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead (Penguin Random House Audio)*
In celebration of Thanksgiving 2019, Libro.fm recently reached out to several bookseller partners to put together a list of “Audiobooks We're Thankful For.” In addition, the company also offered a list of ways customers could support indie bookstores through Libro.fm ahead of Indies First on Small Business Saturday on November 30.
This holiday season, Libro.fm is asking customers to support local bookstores by gifting audiobooks. Customers can choose specific audiobooks or select from one, three, six, or 12-month memberships. Booksellers can direct participating customers here; to sign up as a partner store, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
When customers gift any three, six, or 12-month audiobook membership through Libro.fm this holiday season, they will also receive the 2019 ABA Indies Choice Audiobook of the Year and #1 New York Times bestseller Circe by Madeline Miller for free as a thank you.