eCommerce & eBooks: IndieCommerce and Kobo
ABA offers two programs to assist its members in the digital realm: IndieCommerce websites, and ebooks and devices through a partnership with Rakutan Kobo.
IndieCommerce is the American Booksellers Association’s
e-commerce platform for independent bookstores. The system provides the tools for indie bookstores to create unique, content-rich, and easy-to-operate, fully transactional ecommerce websites. IndieCommerce stores can sell print books, ebooks, and the store’s specialty items, all supported by ABA’s experienced development and customer service team.
IndieCommerce is available to any ABA member bookstore, whether brick and mortar or online-only. The cost is $100 per month for the first 12 months, and $175 per month thereafter.
2016 Price Special! For the first three months after signup, new IndieCommerce program participants will pay just $25 per month; for the next three months, the fee will become $100 per month, a savings of $75 from the standard IndieCommerce program fee. Offer good until June 1, 2016.
The top features of IndieCommerce—
DEVELOPED FOR INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORES
- Designed and developed exclusively for independent bookstores
- Scalable open-source Drupal based ecommerce platform with contemporary features
- Hosting services
EXPANSIVE TITLE DATABASES
- A title database of more than 5 million print books
- Search integration with the Kobo database of more than 4 million eBooks
AS UNIQUE AS YOUR STORE
- Customizable look and feel
- Unlimited pages, sections, content, characters, and products
- In-store inventory book upload
- Store's unique products in inventory
DESIGNED FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Improved search ranks based on stock, sales history, and format
- Search engine optimized URLs
- Easy check-out with in-store pickup, shipping options, and various payment options including credit cards, PayPal, coupon codes, and online gift codes
Please visit the FAQs, New Users Guide, and Help Desk (links in the upper left corner of this page) for more information, or email email@example.com
ABA has partnered with global company Kobo to bring its eReading platform to independent bookstores across the United States. All ABA member bookstores can participate in the Kobo program, and offer their customers Kobo eReaders and/or eBooks from Kobo’s catalog of more than four million titles. ABA members share in the revenue on every eBook sale.
ABA members can order any number of units of Kobo’s Glo HD and Aura H2O eReaders directly from Kobo. Orders will be placed through a Kobo corporate site and each store will need a special password to access it. Review the buying process in this PPT flow provided by Kobo for ABA members only. To buy direct, email Catherine Villar at Kobo and Meg Smith at ABA with the store name, city and state, and the name and email address of the person authorized to purchase devices and accessories. Only one email per store will be authorized.
Kobo Sales Tools, Product Information and DIY Materials