The Booksellers Insurance Program (formerly LIBRIS) is a comprehensive protection program formed in 1997 by ABA and managed by Arrowhead to provide affordable business insurance protection — general liability, workers' compensation, commercial auto and property coverage — for independent bookstores in all 50 states. Learn more.
In addition to covering your books, our coverage includes:
- In-store and offsite events coverage
- Used books benefits
- Computer coverage
- Seasonal inventory increase coverage
- New store benefit: flexible premium plan and underwriting requirements
- Additional coverage for workers’ compensation, commercial auto and umbrella
- A wide range of available deductible options
- Quick Claim response (Millions paid for damages such as fires, slip and fall lawsuits, and rebuilding of inventory from other natural disasters)
- Affordable premiums
Coverage for café and coffee shop operations
If your store sells used books, the Booksellers Advantage Coverage Endorsement covers your items for the purchase price or replacement cost.
If your store sells rare books, you may need enhanced coverage. Coverage for your old and collectable books is placed on a fine arts schedule (called inland marine), listing each book with its value. This schedule also covers used books or books signed by the author, and this coverage is more enhanced and separate from your book inventory on your Business Owners Policy. Without it, your rare books aren’t adequately insured.
Online, Offsite Events, and Pop-Ups
If you sell books online or at offsite events, you need special coverage. Business Personal Property (BPP) covers inventory stored at home or off-premises. It also covers booksellers when you take inventory to pop-up or offsite events. Our Bookseller Advantage Coverage Endorsement provides up to $25,000 of BPP coverage for off-premises inventory.