Iconic Manhattan retail institution Strand Bookstore is seeking a qualified candidate for a sales floor-based management role at our new location in the Upper West Side. Candidates should be comfortable in a fast paced, customer-focused, multi-level bookstore environment.
Our Columbus location opened mid-July and we're excited to have a new member join our expanding team. You would be responsible for managing our staff of booksellers and performing all floor functions- shelving books, assisting customers, ringing up sales and managing booksellers.
What we hope you'll bring to our team:
· A customer service perspective that will drive our team to create welcoming and memorable experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty.
· A can-do attitude that understands no job is too small.
· An eye for merchandising. You’ll be assisting daily with cleaning and restocking to ensure the sales floor is organized and enticing.
· Sound judgement and a decisive attitude that allow you to manage any customer or employee concerns in a calm, timely and respectful manner.
· A lover of books who is aware of upcoming titles and can make recommendations with ease.
· Eagerness to maintain the health and safety of our customers and booksellers per COVID guidelines.
Successful candidates will possess:
· Minimum of 2 years of management experience in a bookstore including opening/closing procedures and cash handling
· Proven success in managing and motivating staff
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong skills in retail technology and unflinching attention to detail
· Flexibility and adaptability; ability to maintain positive, constructive attitude in all circumstances
· Prior bookstore experience REQUIRED.
· Experience using BASIL software is a massive plus!
Hours: Weekends required. Currently the store is not opened late but we hope to expand hours in the near future so evening shifts would be required as well.
· Medical, dental, vision insurance
· Paid time off
· A dangerous store discount
We are looking to fill this position asap. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour