BookExpo America (BEA) has announced the panelists for this year's "Editor & Bookseller Buzz Forum." The Buzz Forum allows top publishing executives to present the one or two upcoming books they feel most passionate about to a gathering of booksellers, book reviewers, and other media and industry professionals. The forum will take place on Thursday, June 3, at 4:30 p.m. in Room S106 A/B at this year's BEA, held June 2 - 6 at Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center.
The panelists for this year's Buzz Forum include:
- Michael Pietsch, senior vice president and publisher, Little, Brown & Co.;
- Ann Godoff, president and publisher, The Penguin Press;
- Anika Streitfeld, fiction editor, MacAdam/Cage Publishing;
- Judith Regan, president and publisher, Regan Books;
- Dan Menaker, senior vice president and editor-in-chief, Random House; and
- David Rosenthal, executive vice president and publisher, Simon & Schuster Trade Division.
"The idea of getting editors together with booksellers in one room originated with one of our exhibiting publishers," noted Greg Topalian, vice president and show manager for BEA, in a press statement. "It should come as no surprise that it has been such a huge success, since the very best activities and programs that we put in place at BEA are often a result of listening carefully to our exhibitor and attendee base, then putting what we hear into action."
The executives for the Buzz Forum will talk for 10 minutes each and are encouraged to focus their attention on just one or two books they might consider "sleeper" titles. The panel will be chaired by Nora Rawlinson, editor-in-chief of Publishers Weekly and is open to all BEA badge participants at no charge.
For more information about BEA programming and registration, click here.