Bookstores that have not renewed their dues in the American Booksellers Association for the year February 1, 2014, to January 31, 2015, will lose all of their membership benefits on March 31. Stores on a monthly payment schedule do not need to do anything to renew as their membership rolls over from year to year. ABA should be contacted, however, if a store’s dues category has changed.
Stores that are no longer members of ABA will lose access to all exclusive member benefits, including:
- ABC Children’s Group exclusive events
- The Book Buyers Handbook
- Complimentary badges to BookExpo America
- IndieBound and Kobo Design and Download files
- Member shipping rates
- The Winter Institute and other ABA education events
To reinstate membership, booksellers should find their store dues category here and renew at BookWeb.org/membership/renew. Annual, quarterly, and monthly payment options are offered; stores should contact their Member Relationship Manager to discuss which option is best for them.
- For stores in the MPIBA, NCIBA, PNBA, SCIBA, SIBA regions: Nathan Halter at 800-637-0037, ext. 7514, or Nathan@bookweb.org;
- For stores in the GLIBA, MIBA, NAIBA, NEIBA regions: Catherine Cusick at 800-637-0037, ext. 7566, or Catherine@bookweb.org.