2018 BookExpo Editors’ Buzz Books Revealed
BookExpo has announced the titles to be featured on this year’s adult, YA, and middle grade Editors’ Buzz panels, which name the top authors and titles expected to resonate with readers in late 2018 and early 2019. The Buzz panel presentations, which feature book editors discussing their favorite upcoming titles, will be supplemented with Author Buzz panels, where the selected authors will discuss their work. Buzz titles were chosen by three separate committees of publishing industry professionals.
BookExpo will take place Wednesday, May 30, 2018, through Friday, June 1, 2018, at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City.
The 2018 Editors’ Buzz book selections are:
ADULT EDITORS’ BUZZ SELECTIONS 2018
Adult Editors’ Buzz Panel: Wednesday, May 30, at 1:45 p.m.
- Maid by Stephanie Land (Hachette Books; December 26, 2018)
- Ohio: A Novel by Stephen Markley (Simon & Schuster; August 21, 2018)
- She Would Be King by Wayétu Moore (Graywolf Press; September 11, 2018)
- Small Animals by Kim Brooks (Flatiron Books; August 21, 2018)
- The Real Lolita: The Kidnapping of Sally Horner and the Novel That Scandalized the World by Sarah Weinman (Ecco; September 11, 2018)
- There Will Be No Miracles Here by Casey Gerald (Riverhead Books; October 2, 2018)
YOUNG ADULT EDITORS’ BUZZ SELECTIONS 2018
Young Adult Editors’ Buzz Panel: Thursday, May 31, at 10:00 a.m.
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram (Dial Books for Young Readers; September 4, 2018)
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu (Bloomsbury Children’s Books; October 2, 2018)
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (JIMMY Patterson; October 23, 2018)
- Sadie by Courtney Summers (Wednesday Books; September 11, 2018)
- The Similars by Rebecca Hanover (Sourcebooks Fire; January 8, 2019)
MIDDLE GRADE EDITORS’ BUZZ SELECTIONS 2018
Middle Grade Editors’ Buzz Panel: Friday, June 1, at 11:00 a.m.
- Everlasting Nora by Marie Cruz (Tor Books; October 2, 2018)
- I’m Ok by Patti Kim (Atheneum Books for Young Readers; October 9, 2018)
- Monstrous Devices by Damien Love (Viking Children’s Books; November 13, 2018)
- Sanity & Tallulah, Book 1 by Molly Brooks (Disney-Hyperion; October 23, 2018)
- Short and Skinny by Mark Tatulli (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; September 11, 2018)
To receive a free badge to BookExpo, booksellers at ABA member stores will need to provide an ABA member ID number during the BookExpo registration process. Booksellers who don’t know their ABA member ID number should send a request with their name, title, and store name to email@example.com or call (800) 637-0037, ext. 7536.
Thanks to a significant financial commitment from Reed Exhibitions, ABA member booksellers can reserve rooms at the 2018 Hotel ABA — The New Yorker, a Wyndham Hotel — at a rate of $200 per night, including all taxes and fees (a $33 per night added value). The ABA member hotel rate is available for the nights of Sunday, May 27, through Sunday, June 3, 2018; however, the room block is limited and reservations will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The New Yorker Hotel is located at 481 Eighth Avenue in New York City, between 34th and 35th Streets. To access Hotel ABA reservation information, booksellers will need a BookWeb username and password (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for login details). The deadline to get this rate is May 14 or when the block sells out, whichever comes first.
Watch Bookselling This Week for announcements about ABA programming at BookExpo. General questions about registration should be addressed to the BookExpo customer service team at email@example.com.