For over 100 years, the American Booksellers Association has helped independent bookstores grow and succeed. As a national not-for-profit trade organization, ABA provides indie bookstores with education; business products and services; an ecommerce platform; marketing support; and advocacy. ABA’s new marketing manager position is responsible for marketing independent bookstores as a channel and creating marketing campaigns for the stores to use to reach new and existing customers.
- Creating an awareness and understanding of independent bookstores and their value in their communities and in the literary world
- Driving sales for independent bookstores
- Developing a brand strategy for independent bookstores as a channel
- Developing data collection tools and conducting analytics reporting across multiple platforms to extract key insights for marketing campaign development
- Identifying target audiences for independent bookstores
- Designing and implementing marketing campaigns for independent bookstores to reach new and existing customers
- Overseeing the implementation of the marketing strategies
- Creating and managing a calendar of marketing campaigns
- Partnering with ABA’s graphic designer and overseeing the designer’s work
- Optimizing IndieBound.org for independent bookstore branding
- Tracking customer insights, changes to the market, consumer trends, market analysis, the marketing needs of indie bookstores, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Managing ABA’s social media presence to optimize marketing impact
- Identifying new partnerships to optimize marketing opportunities
- Passion for independent bookstores and/or books
- Commitment to representation and inclusivity
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans and campaigns (3+ years’ experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field. Or a comparable self-education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and self-direction
- Ability to work at a fast pace and handle tight deadlines and changing needs
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with talent for creativity and eye for design
- Experience with data and analytics
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy
- Established press and media contacts and/or experience with the media
- Design intelligence and/or skills
- Knowledge of independent bookstores and/or the book industry
The American Booksellers Association (ABA) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age; ethnicity; color; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; physical, mental, or sensory disability; national, social, or ethnic origin; neurodiversity; pregnancy; family or parental status; and/or genetic information (including family medical history.)
ABA celebrates and values diversity. We believe diversity and diverse perspectives make our organization stronger and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ABA is based in White Plains, New York. During COVID-19 the office is operating remotely. It’s preferred that applicants live near White Plains, New York, but remote employees will be considered.
Salary is based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid sick days, holidays, vacation, and personal days.
Please note: Type "Marketing Manager" in the subject line. Only applicants that follow this instruction will be considered. Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.