Four independent bookstore members of the American Booksellers Association are among the 25 quarterfinalists for Independent We Stand’s 2017 Independent Small Business of the Year Award. Through December 10, anyone can visit www.IndieBizAward.com to vote to help choose 10 semifinalists; voters may cast one vote per day. The winner will be announced December 13.
The indie bookstores in the quarterfinals are:
- Afterwords Books in Edwardsville, Illinois
- From My Shelf Books & Gifts in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
- Gathering Volumes in Perrysburg, Ohio
- Let’s Play Books! in Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Independent We Stand created the Independent Small Business of the Year Award in 2011 to recognize the small, locally owned businesses that go above and beyond expectations to deliver stellar customer service and community support.
The 2017 Indie winner will receive prizes with a combined value of more than $50,000, including:
- A branding, advertising, and public relations makeover from the Meridian Group
- $5,000 cash, plus $1,000 for their favorite small business support group
- A certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment, good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- A 12-month subscription and three months of managed marketing services from SnapRetail
- A three day/two night stay at an independent beach resort hotel in Virginia Beach, plus a tour of the STIHL plant and museum and a gourmet dinner with the Independent We Stand team
- A special plaque to display in their business
- Public relations and social recognition
Each quarter and semifinalist will also receive a premium membership from Independent We Stand.