Winter Institute 2020’s Consultation Station, which is open to all institute attendees, will feature representatives from the American Booksellers Association’s affiliated business solution partners, POS vendors, and other service providers.
The Consultation Station will be open in the South Key Foyer and West Holiday Foyer on the second floor of the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor as follows:
- Thursday, January 23, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 24, from 9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The 30+ vendors will welcome walk-ins during Consultation Station hours, but booksellers can also make appointments with specific vendors in advance; contact information is provided below and on the Consultation Station page on BookWeb.org.
2020 Vision USA
2020 Vision USA supplies eco-friendly and blue-light-blocking digital protection readers to indie bookstores worldwide. They are a brand with an innovative product and they promote positive change in the world by giving back to the American Booksellers for Free Expression.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Denise Foster or call (214) 769-2227.
- For more information, visit 2020visionusa.com.
ABA Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above the Treeline/Edelweiss
Above the Treeline created Edelweiss+, the book industry’s digital catalog platform. They also offer Edelweiss+ Analytics, a suite of powerful sales and inventory analysis tools designed to help you become a stronger and more profitable bookstore.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Joe Foster or call (734) 996-2730.
- For more information, visit AbovetheTreeline.com.
Addico Solutions/Basil Software
Basil Bookseller Software is a complete, web-based inventory control system that supports new, used, and online book sales. Now with mobile capability, Basil provides even more options for businesses on the go.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mike McKnight or call (678) 267-2974.
- For more information, visit BasilSoftware.com.
All Media Supply/Gardners Books
Leading wholesalers All Media Supply (U.S.) and Gardners (U.K.) combine to bring booksellers the widest possible range of British books. Visit their booth to talk about fast delivery and free shipping options.
Anthology is a robust, full-featured POS software that provides booksellers with all the tools to manage their bookstore, including sales, credit, gift cards, purchasing, receiving, reporting, offsite sales, remote access, and more.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jim Bean or call (800) 819-0095, ext. 103.
- For more information, visit Anthology.com.
Book Industry Charitable Foundation
The Binc Foundation provides financial assistance to brick-and-mortar bookstore employees working full- or part-time who demonstrate a personal financial need arising from severe hardship and/or emergency circumstance.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Kit Steinaway or call (734) 477-1025.
- For more information, visit BincFoundation.org.
Book Depot is the foremost wholesaler for remaindered and bargain books. With over 40,000 titles across all categories and genres, we are your best destination for bargain book titles.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to David Krstevski or call (800) 801-7193.
- For more information, visit BookDepot.com.
Bookazine Co., Inc
Bookazine is the nation’s oldest and largest independent wholesaler. It offers wide inventory, electronic and website ordering, highly personalized service, dedicated sales representatives, and an ongoing commitment to its customers’ success.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Josh Hardwood or call (617) 378-7008.
- For more information, visit bookazine.com.
Strategically located in the publishing capital of the world, BookExpo is the place to discover books and gift products that will most impact your business in the coming year. Take advantage of exclusive show specials, unique education, and networking opportunities that give you a real edge. ABA members register for free and have access to an exclusive $200/night hotel rate.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jenny Martin or call (203) 840-5454.
- For more information, visit BookExpoAmerica.com.
With over 1,400 users worldwide, Booklog provides a dynamic POS/inventory management software that will meet all the needs for a successful retail operation.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Rick Donagrandi or call (773) 275-4437.
- For more information, visit booklog.com.
Bookshop is an online bookstore with a mission to financially support independent bookstores. We are targeting customers that would otherwise go to Amazon by creating a platform that is easy, personal, and gives socially conscious book buyers an alternative that aligns with their values. Bookshop donates 10% of our sales to indie bookstores that sign up, and we pay a 25% commission on any sale referred by an independent bookstore affiliate.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- For more information, visit bookshop.org.
Children’s Book Council
The CBC and Every Child a Reader organizes Children’s Book Week and Get Caught Reading with 300-plus indies.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Carl Lennertz.
- For more information, visit CBCBooks.org.
Chosen Payments is the most trusted credit card processor in the industry. We participate in all bookseller industry events and have an understanding of the needs of bookseller providers. Chosen Payments is dedicated to providing the lowest cost, fastest funding solutions at the highest level of service.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Kiana Kenik or call (805) 910-1445, ext. 6614.
- For more information, visit ChosenPayments.com.
The Community of Literary Magazines and Presses (CLMP)
CLMP ensures a vibrant, diverse literary landscape by helping small literary publishers work better. We provide direct technical assistance to independent literary publishers and produce programs designed to bring the many communities our work touches together, including readers, writers, literary translators, booksellers, educators, and librarians. CLMP carries out this mission so that essential literary voices from all corners can make their way from writers to readers.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Montana Agte-Studier or call (212) 741-9110, ext. 12.
- For more information, visit clmp.org.
Drag Queen Story Hour
Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) is just what it sounds like: drag performers reading stories to children in libraries, schools, bookstores, and beyond. DQSH captures the imagination, curiosity, and play of childhood and gives kids glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models. In spaces like this, kids are able to see people who defy rigid gender restrictions, celebrate their own unique voices, and imagine a world where people can present as they wish, where dress-up is real.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jonathan Hamilt or call (770) 403-5460.
- For more information, visit dragqueenstoryhour.org.
We are dedicated to the art of reviewing independently published books, from university presses and small publishing companies to self-published books.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Stacy Price or call (231) 933-3699.
- For more information, visit ForewordReviews.com.
Display solutions for every bookseller and retailer: shelves, browsers, custom counters, display cabinets, gondolas, dimensional slatwall, bookcases, and more. Made by skilled people in Tennessee, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Lisa Uhrik or call (931) 400-0300.
- For more information, visit FranklinFixtures.com.
Handseller combines traditional CRM functions with its proprietary search and discovery engine to create the first-ever customer engagement management system (CXM) for bookstores.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Theresa Savage or call (206) 842-0944.
- For more information, visit Handseller.com.
Hummingbird Digital Media
Hummingbird supplies indies with a platform to sell e-books/audiobooks from a huge catalog of 1.5 million-plus titles, including all of the Big Five’s. Seamlessly integrates with IndieCommerce/IndieLite.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Josh Mettee or call (559) 490-0206.
- For more information, visit HummingbirdDM.com.
POS and inventory control management system providing cloud and client-based solutions for bookstores large and small since 1984.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mark Hochreiter or call (603) 298-5721, ext. 118.
- For more information, visit imrchnt.com.
Independent Bookstore Day
Check out the 2020 catalog of exclusives, place your order, order tote bags, and get a peek at one of the 2020 exclusives from Amor Towles, Frostbeard studios, Toni Morrison, Dav Pilkey, and more.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Samantha Schoech or call (415) 846-6131.
- For more information, visit indiebookstoreday.com.
Ingram Content Group
Ingram Content Group LLC keeps the world reading by connecting people with content in all forms. Stop by to see the newest iPage enhancements or to learn about BookLove, Indie Vault, and more.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Pat Bieda or call (615) 793-5000.
- For more information, visit www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Publisher Services
Ingram Publisher Services LLC brings you a trusted distribution network combined with a sales team of passionate book lovers and access to the industry’s leading e-book and print-on-demand technologies. Stop by to discuss our upcoming spring titles.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Ray Gonzales or call (615) 793-5000.
- For more information, visit www.ingramcontent.com.
Together we share your story with the world. IngramSpark® is a self-publishing platform with fully integrated digital, wholesale, and distribution services. It’s your story; we help you do more with it.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Josh Floyd or call (615) 793-5000.
- For more information, visit www.ingramcontent.com.
IRT / IBID / Wordstock
We are providers of POS software and related services to independent retail bookstores. We are the providers of both the IBIDie and WordStock systems.
- To set up an appointment, e-mail David Walton.
- To learn more, visit www.irtnet.com or www.wordstock.com.
LIBRIS / Arrowhead General Insurance
Arrowhead Core Commercial Insurance program offers property, crime, liability, auto, workers compensation, umbrella liability insurance, and more.
- To set up an appointment, e-mail Ron Casner.
Libro.fm is the audiobook platform for more than 1,000 independent bookstore locations. We make it possible to sell digital audiobooks through a co-branded storefront. It’s free and easy to get started.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mark Pearson or call (413) 206-9290.
- For more information, visit Libro.fm.
MVB US, Inc. (Pubnet and PubEasy)
Thousands of booksellers save time and money ordering direct from leading publishers with Pubnet and PubEasy. Automate your ordering process with Pubnet. Check price, availability, and order status with PubEasy.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Ted Hill or call (917) 733-3786.
- For more information, visit mvb-online.com.
PartnerShip manages the ABA shipping program offering a substantial discount with FedEx. LTL pallets and up to full truckloads. Keith Korhely can be found in the Galley Room and Shipping Desk.
Paz & Associates
Training and consulting resources for prospective and existing booksellers: store design and makeovers, buying and inventory management, operating efficiencies, succession planning, and more.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Donna Paz Kaufman or call (904) 277-2664.
- For more information, visit PazBookBiz.com.
A website that connects readers to book clubs and book clubs to their local indie bookstore.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Anne Delong or call (303) 284-0194.
- For more information, visit ReadTribe.com.
Shelf Awareness offers a free, customized version of Shelf Awareness for Readers for bookstore customers. With links to your store website, social media pages, and e-commerce, plus ways to feature other custom content, we help you keep in touch with your bookstore customers.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Kristianne Huntsberger or call (206) 274-8144.
- For more information, visit Shelf-Awareness.com.
W.G. Ellerkamp Co.
We provide ABA booksellers with bags, gift wrap, ribbon, and other retail packaging products. An ABA partner for 12 years!
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jack Ellerkamp or call (603) 924-4000.
- For more information, visit wgellerkamp.com.
We Need Diverse Books
We Need Diverse Books™ is a non-profit that advocates essential changes in the publishing industry. Our aim is to help produce and promote literature that reflects and honors the lives of all young people.