Booksellers are invited to join editors for a virtual Buzz Books Editors Panel, sponsored by the American Booksellers Association and Publishers Lunch.
The event will take place via Zoom on Wednesday, January 27, at 7:00 p.m. ET (4:00 p.m. PT) and virtual doors will open at 6:45 p.m. ET (3:45 p.m. PT).
Roz Chast and Patricia Marx will co-host the panel, with Jake Cumsky-Whitlock, co-owner of Solid State Books, as moderator.
The books to be discussed include:
- Flynn Berry, Northern Spy (Viking). Edited by Lindsey Schwoeri.
- Kaitlyn Greenidge, Libertie (Algonquin). Edited by Kathy Pories.
- Gabriela Garcia, Of Women and Salt (Flatiron Books). Edited by Megan Lynch.
- Miranda Cowley Heller, The Paper Palace (Riverhead). Edited by Sarah McGrath.
- Honorée Fanonne Jeffers, The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois (Harper). Edited by Erin Wicks.
- Carolyn Ferrell, Dear Miss Metropolitan (Holt). Edited by Retha Powers.
- Erin French, Finding Freedom (Celadon). Edited by Deb Futter.
Register for the event here. The first 50 registered booksellers will receive either physical galleys or instant access to e-galley downloads via NetGalley.
Beginning January 19, booksellers can download the entire Buzz Books 2021: Spring/Summer to read excerpts of these titles, as well as dozens more, before the event. To pre-order a title, booksellers can click through in the catalog. Information on pre-ordering the books discussed during the event will be available in the attendee's confirmation email, along with the Zoom link for the event.