The IndieCommerce team has launched a new feature for IndieCommerce and IndieLite that will allow stores participating in Independent Bookstore Day (April 24) to have the products listed on their site while also providing more control over the product pages themselves.
Called Indie Bookstore Day 2021, this all-in-one feature:
- Creates the IBD Product Class
- Populates all of the IBD-exclusive items as products on that custom product class
- Creates a page containing all of the products in a booklist
- Has all available metadata, titles, images, prices, and descriptions
- Will not display an Add to Cart button until April 24 on all products. Until then, they will display “Indie Bookstore Day exclusive products will be available to order on April 24, 2021.”
- Will allow stores to unpublish the products that they are not selling online and thus make them inaccessible for customers.
Once the IndieCommerce team has enabled the feature, all of the above will be created and available for the store to promote right away. All products are created as the Product Class titled “IBD Product” and available under “Content.” No one will be able to place an order for these products until Saturday, April 24.