The first-ever Winter Institute app for iPhone, iPad, or Android, which launched last week, puts all of the details about next week's education event in Denver at attendees' fingertips, while allowing users to customize their schedules, share messages, and more. All Winter Institute 11 registrants can download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
Look for this app icon on your phone, and join the more than 200 Wi11 registrants who have already used the app to check out session details, speakers, attendees, social networks, and more.
Here is what the app will allow users to do:
- Access the event schedule at any time
- Customize their personal agenda with notes
- Create a public or private user profile
- Message and share contact information with fellow attendees
- See all the plenary and featured speakers and read their bios
- Get detailed information about sessions and special events
- Access maps of the host hotel, the Sheraton Denver Downtown, and Tattered Cover Book Store, site of the opening reception, and other key Wi11 locations
- View all sponsors and Consultation Station vendors
- See the complete list of participating authors
- Receive important updates and alerts in real time
- Bookmark speakers, fellow attendees’ profiles, and sessions
- Fill out post-session evaluations
- Share updates on Twitter and LinkedIn automatically using the hashtag #Wi11
The minimum operating system requirement for using the app on Apple devices is iOS 7 or greater; for Android, 4.0 or greater.
App content is also visible in a web version using the following Internet browsers: Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer (versions 9, 10, or 11). Once a user logs in, his or her personal schedules can be synced across multiple devices.
Questions about the app can be addressed to ABA’s member relationship managers:
- Nathan Halter (NCIBA, SCIBA, MPIBA, PNBA, SIBA) at (914) 406-7514 or email@example.com
- Catherine Cusick (NAIBA, NEIBA, GLIBA, MIBA) at (914) 406-7566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.